Pages

Sunday, April 27, 2014

U n i

My thoughts on Uni

It's an obligatory. A rite of passage for every fortunate and capable child. So how I was raised. It would seem that once you graduate, you can get a job and that is that. An era to be hopeful. To be stable and independent. Then, from there, find happiness.

But what irks most, is the most recent thought, and more popular at this present time, is... What if I could find happiness in my work and become something much greater.

And it troubles me, that there is this other path that I could take and I'm choosing not to.
But I've made my choice and I keep making that choice everyday; to not chase...elusive dreams...
Dreams that have disintegrated in my hands long ago but can still smell the smoldering ash. 


Advice from Sister: Do it now. You're might need it, you might not. But you are still young and able to do uni. As you grow older, your patience for studying grows thinner and you might not be study anymore.

You've already done it for 12+ years might as well power through 3 more intense years.


Nice moment from Simpsons.

Another thing I believe worth fighting for. An adequate yet superior future for my children. While every now and then I would say "I'm not going to have children" I think my mind has made it's choice, whether or not I've full comprehend it.

For Family, both future and past.

But the family of the future, consists of the family from the past. My mother and My father, both who have worked hard for me and I'll try to repay them the best way I can. But...true parents let their children be happy and free...even if it leaves them behind? ... especially when it leaves them behind. Where does my moral obligations stand. Ten steps ahead of me or Ten steps behind me.

I am tired. In the meantime, let's just get really really wasted.



No comments:

Post a Comment