Pages

Monday, November 2, 2015

Blue

I woke up at 3pm.

Brushed my teeth, then went to find something to eat only to realise I wasn't hungry. So I laid in bed and stared out my windows to the bleak empty driveway for an hour.

I felt like the sky; dark and gloomy, but no signs of rain. Not a gust nor a trickle.

I feel ...

I had a dream that I was sitting off the edge of a mountain cliff. Dirt, no grass. I stared blankly into the mountain range. Grey, sunless ... and blurred, as though my mind couldn't formulate a complete view, like an unfocused image. There was no cloud, yet there seemed like an intangible pall that made my dream dark. I looked down the dark ditch and pondered my frailty as a human, as man of blood and bone that would fail if I fall. I could feel my arms, spotted slits downstream but no red oozed, no pain radiated. Just colourless and empty. I guess you had to be alive to bleed...

No comments:

Post a Comment