Pages

Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Lost

I watched lilo and stitch at jess's house today and I never realised how.. Educational and promising it was. It probably because I'm older now to understand the dialogue because I thought lilo's parent were just on vacation and never knew tht black guy was a social worker attemptin to takr lilo away, thoght he was just police helpin then and stuff. But now that I rewatched it, there were some adult issues they addressed along with the usual, act nice, be friendly, pish posh some of these animations will teach, such as the responsibility of a raising a child on your own and by your only remaining family member. I thought that was really sad and serious and felt deeply for lilo. But ugghhhh she was all naive and protected blah blah and the things adults go through to protect their child.. Is quite tragic and sad but very admirable and galliant and the whole 'what's good for the child' debate came to my head.
I mean, here we have a sister fighting and struggling to keep her sister from being evicted by a social worker, jugglimg between jobs and survallience who in our eyes is tryin everything to make it work. However, from the social worker's POV all is seen is disobediance and mass destruction, risking the childs life. Seee, its all about the final product. She lives or die, happy or sad. There's no reward for 'im trying to make her happy'. At the end of the day it's succeed or fail. I actually teared up in two scenes hahahaha cutie stitch especially when he said 'lost'. Maybe my mind is opening up o the idea that kid animation has its values... And purpose afterall...

Anyways, I realised there's quite a few people I've lost contact with. Its only now that school ended that, i forgot where i stood with most people. Then again, I do forget names really easy.
I miss a lot of people already. I dont want to forget anymore now that I can afford not to.

Also today we went bike riding with Jess, Collin and andrew, through georges river bike path to the anchor. Has a very pastoral setting, very calming and soothing for a heavy mind. Passing kenny's house I remembered sitting on his swing staring out into river as the sun sets over the trees in the distant. We saw nicole ran pass, nicole -the one that got drunk in school, caked in the face, apologising to claudia - nicole. Probably the last time ill see her. Then I remembered my old house. The house i grew up as a child where i had loving neighbours and doors were left open and I could hear laughing kids playing outside and they would invite me out to play. I would like to walk those floors again... Actually there's a lot of floors I'd like to walk again.. one last time...



No comments:

Post a Comment